Friday, March 30, 2007

My Eyes Welled Up With Uncontrollable Tears

Blind Sight
Uncle Teo was a civil servant working for one of the government agencies.

He related to me how some of his colleagues got poached for the private sector. I told him start-ups like us would be fertile ground for new business plans and ideas that these poachees could take away.

In fact, years ago, I approach one, seeing how the health and fitness business would bloom. They didn't but it really took off - Calif, Planet, First and True are prime examples.

More recently when I approach them for another new business idea, it didn't materialise either but they did buy into a running commercial outfit.

Several Refunds In A Row - Let There Be Refunds For Genuine Cases
Yes I got a refund for my laptop, no questions asked. When I chucked away my receipt and there were freebies to claim, they promptly retrieved the transaction record too, no questions asked.

I bought that bleaching detergent but decided it wasn't worth my colored clothes' risk to try and see if the color will run. So I swopped for my usual brand and topped up the difference.

I had the same luck when I discovered I rebought the same March issue of "August Man" and decided to exchange for one MH and H&D, again topping up the margin. This was an exception they made , they chided moi, managing to make me look as guilty as Doray.

Seriously I think refunds should be made when there are pressing genuine reasons, no questions asked.

A Good Plot For Development
The more I looked at my own imaginary proposed site for the replacement flats should ma new old home be en-bloc, the more convinced I am how this place will really fly.

The surrounds is a little like HV to begin with. All it needs is more. There is already a MRT track and station scheduled for completion soon.

The three private apartments need not be torn down after all. The "imaginary proposed housing development" could be built adjacent to them. In a nice arc or V-shape which will offer SUPERB VIEW of the reserve (water and greens) and in fact this will bring it closer to the reserve, almost at its borders.

Can someone take this a step further?

I Need Time-Out
I have really sunk into a deep depression this time. My eyes are red and I know my brain is kinda numb and frozen. I can't seem to control some of my emotions, my thinking and my standpoint of looking at things.

And a wardrobe change (which is high time after so many years actually) was never on my MUST-DO list if you care to remember one of my early blogs. I had only wanted to take up various sports, travel the world and so on.

I guess it is just a case of too many things happening, too many anxieties, a loveless life and if the people around are unhappy, can you be happy too?

Can We Do It Thru Mobile?
My IB device is unsynchronised for the second time and they promised to send me a new one. GOD, why don't they just do this via SMS on our mobile. The other bank does and carrying another gizmo isn't exactly helping things - what with misplacement, hard knocks and so on.

Contributions To Their Wealth And Power It Seems
It is funny how that much hated DM in my former secondary school, for all his "handling" or mishandling of those "discipline problem" kids (meaning scolding or whacking) actually gets to live on landed residences.

In fact I have known a few who do insurance on the side and that is how they can afford this. They think they make such a BIG DIFFERENCE. Look at what kinda inventions, enterprises and creations we have thus far.

All those F&B and commercial schools (just to name a few examples), with all their poor offerings, actually see the owners striking it rich. Stinting on ingredients and cutting corners, that is what one foreign student once remarked to moi.

Those singles still hiding behind their mothers' skirts, MAMA OR PAPA's boys or girls.

These are 'contributions'? FUCK YOU!

Just don't play GOD and be HOLIER than any of us. We all aint. One family's affairs are its private affairs, not for you to judge or interfere. It doesn't concern you anyway.

We all can listen, offer advice but we can't take sides.

No comments: