Monday, September 12, 2005

Louis, I Love You Always

This little boy stole my heart and balls away the moment I set my eyes on him. He is funny, cute, dramatic and smart. He has that awful sense of humor and twinkling eyes.

He is seemingly mischievous too. What do you expect of a 10 year old? A living, kicking, curious furball of hyper-activity. And who occasionally gets into trouble with the teachers for kicking a water-bottle around class. Hopefully the educators can see him for what he is at his age and take him in their stride.

I cannot imagine him to be a single-parented boy. I do not want to be tangled with either of his parentage. All I want is my special relationship with him. Hold his hands. Take him out for walks. Cuddle him. Read him bedtime stories. Clean him up. Prepare meals for him. Put him to sleep. Inculcate some sense of values in him. Influence him with my passion for my favourite subjects. Watch him grow up while I grow old. Be there when he needs me. Listen to him. Learn from him. Watch his antics and personality playing out.

But I cannot predict how our relationship will be when he turns older. I will leave him alone if he wants it that way.

I want him to grow up living out his talents and vocation for life. Opportunities that I must avail him to the best of my abilities.

For now while he is still in his childhood, I want him to cherish it with fond and loving memories.

I can't find him now. He is not here with me anymore. He never was. Can I ever find a "son" like him again, someone whom I will die and kill for. Who would ever want to hurt or abandon his own flesh and blood? Why bring him into this world if he is to suffer the injustices of the world, a world he was born into crying?

Louis, I will love you always.

No comments: