Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Much Need Air Fresheners

A Much-Needed Breath Of Air Fresheners
I have never spent so much money on air-fresheners alone in a single month. Not that I ever had.

It all started at Doray's at the beginning of the new year, no doubt.

It started with just four simple satchets of various Glades' flower scents that I hung up in the wardrobe. These same four satchets were to be reused again and again, first at Galen's, then at Andy's, even continuing at Aunt Sally's and now at Rhemi's.

However by this time, the scents have all but dissipated. Therefore I have chosen to buy three replacement satchets which are now exuding its cool fragrance all over my clothes in place of that rotten mothball smell of old.

At Aunt Sally's, I have bought a small stand-up and slide-open mug of scented gel. That was to kill the even worse odor permeating the whole bugs-ridden room.

Now at Rhemi's, I have taken to additionally hang up two lavender-scented gel in the bath, an orange-blossom scented pack clipped to the stand-fan and an AirWick container of scented beads in the wardrobe.

I think it is time I threw away the four Glades flower-scented satchets. They have outlived their uses and their scents.

Ah, Yes, This Reminds Me Of This First-Time Foray Into A Stock Investment
While working a stint at a reinsurance company, staff were alloted an iota of their special entitlement. If I remember correctly, it was one lot and at a price of SGD$1.80 and accorded a trustee stock status, you would expect that that was what it means exactly - a stock to be trusted, a stock held in trust for you and therefore safe, secure and sound and all set to boom.

But no siree. Once a natural disaster hit the States where it had reinsurance exposure, its price tumbled down to half its worth and before you can say "Whose CCB was it that made this so", it was suspended and there went my first-time foray in a thousand over dollar stock investment.

It could have been more! I couldn't exactly remember.

No comments: