Monday, October 01, 2007

Educational Certificates And Higher Education

A Matter Of Getting My Educational Certificates
I woke up extra early today. I was able to only because I had turned in earlier than usual yesterday. The moment I opened my eyes, I swung into quick action.


First stop was the McDonalds cafe where I ordered breakfast and blogged my heart away. The end result is what you see here and below.


When I ended, I took the train to MOE HQ where a security guard scanned in my ID particulars before I could actually step into their Customer Service Department.


Here, I waited my turn.

When it came, I asked foa prir ntout of my GCE O and A level statements of results. Mind you, these were not replacement copies of the originals at all. As you remember, I had inadvertently thrown away all my certificates when I sprang cleant my home before selling it off.

The statements of results didn't come cheap. At $10 a piece for the A4 paper that they were, it could have been my day's spending money and more. I laminated them at a zapping machine shop later in the day, fearful that the flimsy paper quality would crumple under a weight load.


In The Pursuit Of A Higher Education

With my results in hand and their photocopies, I headed for UniSIM. The Uni campus was much further down the road right after where the Singapore Polytechnic is and just beside the Ngee Ann Polytechnic.

There was a direct bus service from MOE HQ to UniSIM so I boarded it.

When UniSIM came into sight, I got off and joined the multitude of students, some in their fashion togs, almost all young and a fair number of foreigners. A few dudes were smoking under its "Smoke Free Campus" banner and I knew that this was a street-smart uni for street-smart kids.

Real Uni education for the Real World, I thought.

I found my way to the Student Recruitment Office and looked at its two buttons on the number queue machine. One read : "SIM University" and listed its faculties while the other read: "SIM Global Education" and listed its foreign university partners.

I hit the first button, only to be told that I should have pressed the second. The print-out read "Partnership Program". Yes this was it. I was gonna do a BBM with RMIT, an Australian university that is celebrating its 120 years.

My queue number lighted and sounded and an education consultant attended to me. I asked a couple of questions, was handed a brochure and she certified a few of my documents.

Looks like this is gonna be a BIG STEP for me in acquiring a higher education and now I have to convince the university that I should be placed on a full-time accelerated program of 1 to 1.5 years, with no exemptions and at the cost of a same duration part-time degree program.

Anyway, this is all the time and money I can afford. Period.

Wish me luck!


No comments: