Saturday, August 18, 2007

I Am Gonna Miss The FireWorks At The Esplanade Tonight

Stock And Property Yields
Having seen all that is happening in the financial and property markets recently, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that my stock investment will yield me at least a 1.5m payout while my property investment should fetch minimally 2.5m in its sales price.


These are figures not conjured out of the air but borne out of current level activity going on in both sectors.


And just to recapitulate :

(A) My stock pick is an undervalued one with good earnings potential in the respective industrial sector it is in and there should be no good reason why some senior management staff are being invited to partake in its stock options other than that there is a looming prospect of a capital appreciation

(B)My property is a 131sqm, 3+1 corner unit with a balcony that has a good view of the water, sand and greens. Not just any view but a beachfront view, located in a prime eastern district near amenities like a shopping mall, famous eateries, transport and minutes away from the heart of town and the upcoming resort.

Can You Bite The Hand That Feeds You?
There are so many things that have happened in my life that if I were to blog all of them, I am sure I will never get to finish them.


One thing I do know for a fact is that having worked in the audit line before, it strikes me how an auditor who depends on the company he is auditing the books for as paymaster can be genuinely removed from being partial.

"881"
This is one Royston Tan film I cannot identify with, simply because I do not subscribe to the getai lifestyle nor its attendant dialectical language.

That was just it, nothing personal.

"The Simpsons Movie"
On the other hand, "The Simpsons" was a superb watch. I was in stitches half the time.

It had elements of religious armaggedon coupled with an environmental disaster that finally led to the cutting off of Springfield from the world imposed by a domeshield.

Contrast this with the environmental haven of Alaska that the Simpsons fled to after they were exiled because of Homer's indiscreet dumping of pig crap in the lake.

The Simpsons finally decide to return to save their hometown from certain obliteration from the map of the world and boy did Homer and Bart really become the toast of the town after that.

Wonderfully witty dialogue and graphically explicit scenes that carry with them subtextual messages that provide fuel for thought.

No comments: