Monday, July 24, 2006

HoodWinked And A Bracie

This movie is worth the watch. It adds a fantastically new twist to the "Red Riding Hood" plot and turns it into a modern-day detective story of finding out "whodunit". It is totally original and makes me wonder how Hollywood is always able to churn out animations like that. They are all memorable anthromorphic characters which put their animalistic traits to good human use with Red and Grannie as the only homo sapiens.

It is almost a Sherlock Holmes' or Alfred Hitchcock tale-gripper thriller with each doing their turn for their side of the story when all the recipes go missing in the forest. There is music and singing too, all wonderfully lyriced and catchy.

If you loved the fairy tale, you will love this movie for its cut-out, spring up story board and the classic Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf exchange of "What Big Ears, Eyes, Hands And Bad Breath You Have..." dialogue, but with a twist.

You will be rolling with laughter throughout the movie, trust me.

And yes, I got meself a stunning metallic coin leather-strapped bracelet with a timepiece locket (which I have removed because it was heart-shaped and I aint exactly in love at the moment). It was a real knock-down bargain and may not be in vogue but I am not known to buy anything in seasonal fashion. I like it and I buy! And it was a mere S$10!

No comments: