Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Let Us See How We Will Fare In The Long Term

I Will Smash Your Face Creep
Chris has finally returned the wardrobe keys after I consistently hounded him. He left the keys on the doorstep and slunk away, the stinking rodent that he is.

He hasn't kept to his word on about everything else he had promised. I have chucked away his stuff, useless stuff that they are,which he must have premeditated and was about to dispose of anyway.

I really wanna smash that creep's face.

I have told him how useless a bottom he is, always yearning for a fuck and by conducting himself in the manner he did, he had thrown away all the faces of gays like us.

Short Run Petty Power Control, Long Run Ruin
Like so many of us, Chris is really smart in the small petty power control and tricks department. This is of course good survival for the short run.

In the longer run, it is real talent and skills that will see us through.

That is why we are faltering now after 42 years.

No new economy or industry in sight or at least coming very, very late.

Maybe too late.

A Note On How Our Global SchoolHouse Vision Is Faring
I got an invite for an interview at 4.30pm yesterday.

This private school has opened up a new campus on sprawling school grounds, while having another nearby and yet another at a science park.

Its old premise at a hub is no longer there and it seems like its old foreign uninversity partner has parted ways with it, cutting itself off from it and running itself as a satellite of its main Australian campus.

This reminds me of another private international school which has both a unicampus and office presence and another (our government agency has a stake in it) which has shifted itself back to private commercial premises after a stint on sprawling campus grounds.

Let us see how they will fare in the longer run.

The Prelude - A Long Bus Ride
I set off at 3.02pm (according to my time-piece synchronised to CNA's anyway), caught bus service 166 (which happens to be a very infrequent service) at 3.19pm, got off near Thomson Road at 3.44pm and I was lucky bus service 851 was right behind.

So the transfer was instantaneous.

But this bus took such a long time and on its last leg, it was trailing another service 851 and so was moving along at a snail's pace.

I reached at 4.22pm and when I make the walk to the school campus, I arrived exactly at 4.29pm at the customer service block.

A good one hour and a half during off-peak hours.

The Long Wait
It was a full half an hour before I got to meet my interviewers.

While waiting, I read the map which showed some of its overseas campuses either in collaboration with foreign partners or on their own (their Vietnam one is wholly owned).

I was actually agitated as I remember having met with one of its Indonesian partner recruiter (to no avail) and I have spent no less time trying to source for students in those same places they did.

Brazil and Russia for instance.

Not that I didn't have the luck, they just have all the resources and they were of course leap-frogging over people like us.

The Interview
An elderly woman and a middle-aged man conducted the interview and I am not even sure who they were, though I specifically asked the co-ordinator who rang to arrange this to inform me who I was gonna meet.

I repeated the same things I said to the Semi-holy Trinity of the other international school the last time.

The dude did sound pompous and it appears they have a Harvard grad for their life-sciences faculty and they were trumpeting this.

Let us see how the degrees and diplomas they are awarding will help their graduates clinch jobs in the industries they wanna work in.

That will tell all.

No comments: