Monday, September 11, 2006

More Delectation

Prioritized priorities, all else is a dream
My priorities right now are : landing a job, getting my own place and then live in with a domestic partner.

The Chevrolet Spark is tempting too. It is a 1.0L car that comes in a surprisingly wide array of sparkling colors. But the Nissan March, in comparison, has some really state-of-the-art technology like its intelligent key and computerised navigation system.

I would love to pursue all those sporting and astronomical activities too. But I am on a shoe-string and short on dough. I will have to integrate these into my work regime....hopefully..when I do find work and if I still have spare time to start up these activities when I do work.....SIGH!

School Of The Future
This school which Microsoft is managing has everything. The smartboard which you can write and draw on (and assuming our hand writing can then be turned into true PC font type like the write-on tablets now) can also be zoomed in and out. This excised the dime-a-dozen complaint of squinting especially coming from the back of the class or about the sometimes unavoidable hand scribblings.

But moi doesn't think a digitised library can replace a libraryfull of books, magazines or journals any time soon. Lounging or lying comfortably to read sure beats sitting ramrod straight at a computer desk scrolling text on a screen. Somehow reading books seem to be a more complete experience when we only obtain dribs and drabs on the Internet now. And the calorie-count may be an itty bitty too zealous, perhaps even pushing an aneroxic or bulimic to the brink.

Let all public housing projects be after this fashion
There are two empty parcels of land near where I stay now, one of which is up for sale. If only the other could be what I had envisioned for the future kinda public housing design.

The cascades in a zig-zag pattern or even clover or round-shape types arranged to lend a 360 degree panoramic view and open up wind channels. Full length windows (but grilled lower safety barriers) to let in light and breeze minus the heat and glare. Well-proportioned rooms for bedding, dining, sitting and cooking. Surrounded by amenities and lush greenery. Integrated and seamless. State-of-the-art technology for toggling electrical gadgets or controlling the environment.

Is this a machine reader or reader machine?
A mind reader reads someone's mind. Therefore a machine reader reads a machine. Thus, it must be a reader machine, a machine which reads whatever. Kinda scanner or something.

Holy Cow, three more of this invention in the Gents
One is hung high up and unused. Another has a legging hung on it (a permanent fixture it seems) and holds out a soap holder, also virtually untouched.

The third holds up the shower curtain. I suppose if it is just drawn across the pole like that and it doesn't exert any undue pressure, particularly like a weight from above, and with regularity, the pole technically can still hold its own. I have placed my bath towel on this for the past week too. But yesterday when I did, the pole slipped a few notches but did not crash down like the one did in my bedroom the last time.

The finality of it all - it still can't do what it is supposed to do. I say KILL THIS FATUOUS INVENTION!

More Holy Cows - these guys are here too?
Yeah. A couple of them I spotted here are the ones who hung out at my old place. A few of them are the really off the trolleys, beyond redemption sort. Fancy meeting them here again!

I suppose anyone can go off the trolley too, in our oppressive, nonsensical kinda world sometimes.

No comments: