Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Leave Me Alone, You Morons

All I wanna do now
Among the vignettes on my blog are very, very, very serious pieces on socio-economic and political issues. They are so SERIOUS, Jack LaLame just kicked the bucket at a ripe old age of a 100.

But seriously, all I wanna do now is to be living in my own small world, likely to be full lectureship somewhere, doing my own thing. I can't take on the problems of the nation, let alone the world. I just wanna be in my own oyster shell, ok.

Blood is still thicker than water
Despite all that I write about ma family, I will return to the fold one day. After all, they are my family, kooks, crooks and all. I will, right after I am more settled with a job, a house, a car, some money, a "family", et al.

It is also my wish to help them out wherever I can. For now, I can't even help myself.

Barnyard, the Original Party Animals
The clever word play on "party animals" wasn't just that. The barn IS full of them. Be sure, you watch the movie sufficiently equipped with a good knowledge of animals, their anatomies and dog breeds. Yes, you heard me, dog breeds.

If you weren't as savvy, you would have missed out on the Komondor, that corded fur of a shepherd dog. The kids would probably die laughing over the slapsticks. The adults, on the other hand, should concentrate on the witty and funny dialogue to get their fill of laughter.

The ending made the movie look like a pro-family sloganeering, with Ben Junior being born out of wedlock. It is a very original movie with our anthropozoomorphic characters hamming up their human roles to the hilt.

Folk stuff
At this neighborhood hawker centre and wet market, it is mostly the low-incomers who visit. I have seen several kooks, one of whom took a swig at my soya bean curd laid out on the table while moi was placing an order at another stall.

She returned again while moi was seated at the same table, digging into a replacement dish with kind courtesy of the stall vendor (most of the vendors are kindly, folksy people who just eke out a small living hawking whatever that they hawk) . I invited her to finish up what she had started on and she did.

I almost rued the occasion when I had so foolishly bought a copy of the Straits Times, read it at the community library and promptly left the copy with it for the reading pleasure of other library patrons. All the thanks I got was the WIMP who hounded moi down the other time.

Some pretty good articles
Lately, the papers has been running a series of pretty informative articles on everything from the IMF/WB to a comatose patient who isn't so comatose after all (she could actually communicate using brain activity).

There were some on the 9/11 terror attack and I actually have mine post 9/11 when I visited LA and SF in California. But that will be another day.

For now, I got job resumes to send out

No comments: