Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Am Reading Like I Have Never Read Before

Reading all these books is making me feel alive again. The last few days, I have been onto all sorts of books on "Leadership", the English language and even popular philosophy (ala The Simpsons).

I straightened out my thoughts on the development of language (philology) and of the English language in particular.

That settles it then. We may be linguistically competent (which runs the gamut of phonology, semantics and grammar) but we may not be communicatively competent (pragmatics in various social settings).

I am certainly practising moral philosophy. My own line of reasoning leading to decision-making, independent of religious codas.

It was also great to sort out my thoughts on the various approaches to leadership and its practises.

Hail All to Great Books!

No comments: