Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Am Sold On A Mac But Maybe I Am Not Till I Am Shown Its Full Workings

Even Men's Magazine "August" Corroborates What I Said About Inflight Service Food
There. Even the June issue of the men's magazine "August" has its writer saying exactly the same thing I said about most in-flight service food. And I only bought the magazine yesterday, right after I blogged about it.

I do agree that Cathay Pacific had served up some nice dishes. If I remember correctly, it was some spicy stuff. The rest are just forgettable or just plain stomach-filling needs or we eat only because we paid for it.

And I do agree that it can get better.

Whoa, I Am Sold On A Mac's 3D InterActive Graphical Icons That Kinda Leap Out At You And Its Beautiful Design And Casing And Color
I was almost sold on a Mac when I saw the 3D interactive graphical icons that kinda leap out at you when you click on them.

Not the flat, 2D lifeless kind that still line themselves up on our Windows panel. Much like the 2D, flat, fake-looking and drawn-on kinda of brow (even though it is supposed to be some hair-weaving technology) you get served up with by our foreign talent in the hair-brow business.

Then it was the amazing interface even within a Word document and the endless toggling possibilities.

I went back a second time to double-check if it was as hot as it seems.

Foreign Talent Short-Selling What I Thought Was A Good Product
Well I was let down by the attending staff. Two foreign talents, it seems

First he and she tried to make me look like a complete idiot. But aren't the Mac experts (or so they think they are, though she claims to possess only a Secondary 2 education) suppose to try and not be so Mac-smart arrogant and assume a Windows user to be in the know?

Aren't they suppose to put it across clearly (and I know they don't have the English language ability too so the guy was being mono, duo or triple-syllabic) and try to convert us, the Windows user to the Mac user?

If they dont seem keen to explain (maybe they aren't so versed in product knowledge and by gosh, yes, this is the same company at our digital life computer hub which I once purchased some outmoded peripherals at inflated prices and got really lousy service in return) and he did show me that there is a tutorial on the Mac OS X online, golly, then what is the job of a sales-person anyway?

EveryOne Else Is Redundant, So Why Aren't They?
Isn't that kinda redundant? If a factory was staffed with redudant local employees, guess what? They get retrenched. Guess what again? At the kinda exchange rate, I get to see 5 China nationals working at a cafe and half the time that it is empty, they gather at the back, chattering loudly in their local dialects within customers' earshot. They don't get retrenched, do they?

Just too bad arh. Lou Ferrigno, the original Incredible Hulk actor, was actually redudant in this new movie remake. He made a very short appearance as a security officer. His role has been usurped by animation. Bill Bixby, as his mild-mannered alter-ego, is totally out of the picture.

So too are the days of the camera men numbered. Those cameramen who take photographs for tourists at touristy sites. These days, it is the camphone user who DIY.

I Just Wanted To See The Differences Between A Mac And A Windows Environment
She wasn't even listening when I asked if we could go on the MSN website and mistakenly thought I asked for MSN Messenger.

Ok so Mac has no version for the Internet Relay Chat, and there seems to be some commands and F menus to learn and navigate.

But the good news is that we can have both platforms on one cool-looking PC.

Another Foreign Talent Botch-Up
I just hope our foreign talent aren't trying to earn a quick buck by thinking they can con a job, bluff their way through, short sell, lay back or by thinking that they don't have to put in effort and I mean real effort in being product knowledge efficient, knowledge wise and linguistically abled to communicate plus that X-factor in whatever they do - that secret sauce, that skill, that technique, that magical scissorshand, that WOW factor in services rendered or just plain efficiency in accomplishing their tasks.

That will just sully our reputation further, if it isn't already, in the food and beverage industry, the hospitality services, domestic help services, the retail trade, the hair, beauty and grooming businesses.

No comments: