Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Soft Opening Of Ion Orchard (New)

More "Good" Things, Coming From The Acts Of Men
Great!

When you are stressed, down and out, more BAD things hit you! All sorts of ailments strike you! I am a little kid all over again!

I have to visit the old doc for the third time yesterday. After two rounds of theophylline (and I suspect it is this drug that is causing the allergy in addition to stress-related factors) , I developed rashes that covered me from neck to toe.

It itched so I did scratch myself quite a bit but I told myself I have to stop

This morning, most had subsided. But my cough still persists and I am drowsy after taking the medication.

Thank you PEOPLE, for all the "good" things you have caused me throughout my life! All the grief, pain, sorrows and suffering from young till old

I dedicate this to my family, all my ex-employers, all my ex-colleagues and everyone else who has made my life as miserable as possible.

By the way, do you think employers and colleagues are interested in your problems? They have their own set of existential problems like profits, making more money and their own familial problems.

But at least I know from school to work, I have never given anyone any problems as far as I can. I just do my own work and concentrate on my studies. As I said, people have other ideas. Like He-Ape and She-Ape. They want you to play their corporate games for some reasons. FUCK YOU MOTHER CHEE BYES!

All I wanted was just to make some money for a better life for myself and if I am stable, I can try to help my family and maybe others!

If I were to die, it has to be in the comfort and relative peace of my own home. Not here, not anywhere else. I am not the world's luckiest person and have had enough. FUCK YOU, understand!

Oops. Did I just said that I was sick? Oo

Ion Orchard Has Opened
Quite a few luxury brand shops have yet to open!

But the whole place was already swarming with people what with 70% of the shops open.

Standing at a diminutive 660 000 square feet, much smaller than the 750 000 sqft surburban Jurong Point mall , Ion Orchard, however, offers that luxurious touch and imposing radiant architecture which befits its brand name and location on Singapore's premier shopping belt.

I love the NEW BRANDS all right - Korloff, Titanium, Metrox, BreadSociety, Food Opera and OkabAsia (fka Soo Kee, Gramophone, Metro? BreadTalk, Food Republic and NUM). Wait! That is rebranding, isn't it? Silly old me!! Muahahahahahaha....Burp! O....I m sick......

As usual, the LVMH group is strongly represented here and everywhere with the likes of Marc Jacobs, Tag Heuer, Sephora, Chaumet and Dior (incidentally this group is also part-owner) while Prada's daily-oriented, younger generation offshoot Miu Miu has opened its own boutique .

But of course, how could I forget the other Swiss-based conglomerate with Cartier, Piaget , Dunhill, Van Cleef & Arpels, Baume et Mercier already established here. What can I say? I am sick?

Roberto Cavalli is here, so too is Steve Madden. The other French conglomerate with Gucci heading its brand name and other stalwarts like YSL and Boucheron are visibly conspicuous too.

Giorgio Armani and D&G are set to open soon and yes both groups were embroiled in an Armani Feud just at the beginning of this year. Amazing that they are gonna be on the same floor and within reach of each other.

I can't wait for them to open! Won't you?

Roots
And yes following our national newspaper report which stated that Dsquared2 is an Italian label, much like Bally would be mistaken for an Italian rather than a Swiss root, I just wanna clarify that Dsquared2 is of Canadian origin.

Just as Diane Von Furstenberg is Belgium-born before becoming an American fashion designer or American Bebe of Iranian-descent. Even Pierre-Cardin is Italian-born before becoming a Parisian designer.

No comments: