Saturday, April 12, 2008

Back To Me Own Self Again

I just realised how sick I had been the last one month immediately after my overseas trip. I was weak all over after all that physical exertion - workouts, runs, travelling on foot to so many places in those countries I visited and the Great Wall expedition.

I caught a chill and cold and I was coughing me throat and lungs out. My back was hurting and it didn't help the mattress wasn't exactly the TEMPUR kind that I have now bought for myself.

My legs were going all gelo and jelly. I felt chilly what with the wet and gloomy weather here and as soon as the sun permits, I will be out there basking myself. I have quit running and taken up brisk walking. Swimming and cycling are on my sports list right now.

In short I was everything but in the pink of health.

It didn't help that back "home" conditions were adding on to my woes.

The Burmese has moved out and in his place, a new hot China boy has just moved in. I had made several moves but he isn't responding. The rent has gone up, unjustifiably in my case, by another 50 bucks and I am trying to look for a room-mate to split the cost.

Liz was up to her antics once again and being in the state I was in, I wasn't exactly in the mood to respond in kind. So I kept my distance and myself in my room most of the time.

The China doll has gone back to her homeland in China for her younger brother's wedding (and that is according to Raymond who changes his story ever so often) and for a period, there was relative peace and quiet in the house.

Apart from her voice and some of her habits, I do get along with her. And the green bean buns she brought back were quite delicious.

Surprisingly I am getting along quite well with Raymond despite all his foibles.

Now that I am recovering or have recovered, I am back to almost my normal self.

No comments: