Wednesday, November 23, 2005

World-Class Wussies And Wait (WWW)

My blog title is not a mistake. We have world-class wussies and eternal waits here (the World Wide Web) and you might as well surf the Net while doing so.

To elaborate on what Miss Wussy fumbled over at our Housing Authority Board so readers do not think I have maligned her in any way. My question was a simple one spoken in plain English : "Does the board sell flats which are SERS-affected, MUP and brand new units under its various schemes? She couldn't answer it straight and simple. Of course immediate replacement units cannot be drawn from the current SERS-affected ones, can they? But it doesn't mean this cannot be for future replacement of other later SERS-slated units or for brand new applications under the balloting, BTO or WIS selection exercises.

It is that simple Miss Wussy! Thanks a gazellion for the "help" rendered.

I think my attempt at bilingualism so far has been valiant, don't you think, albeit at my own time expense.

I have my medical appointment today at 3pm. But the queue numbers were haphazardly sequenced anyway and arriving at 2.30pm, the doc has not even cleared his earlier cases starting at 1400. So it was flash after flash, each interval finely spaced, the last of the sequences being 1445, 1452, 1459, 1500 and finally my 1501 alloted queue, this coming on at 5.05 pm. And I am seeing a Medical Officer in place of my usual Registrar.

There is really nothing much to be done for my spine and I requested for physiotherapy, hopefully to strengthen my lower back muscles and prevent what could be debilitating weakness in my old age. This is a terrible health burden I have to shoulder.

I remember the slimming therapy some beauty health centres were touting - herbal body wraps. This must be one sleazy and low-down gimmick as fats are on the inside and not on the outside and the only women to fall for it (or so I think) would be the rich tais tais with too much spare cash to throw.

Back at the hospital, the television monitor was broadcasting some repeat telecasts of "Triple Nine", starring hunky America-born Chinese James Lye. I must say he swaggers a lot much as he surely does on the catwalk as he goes hunting down clues for crimes. It was a distraction to watch him mouth his heavily-accented English and strut his toned, chiselled and torsoed look on screen.

After that, it was another long wait for my medicine, mainly bone-supplements. I was already late for my next appointment and when I finished, I sat around Far East Plaza, taking in the sights and sounds. It was a hang-out for the young and not-so-young, especially the women, all in various stages of undress, some no doubt soliciting. It was generally a bad crowd. I can't help breathing the human stench of death here, just as I did at the HongKong-Shenzhen LuoHu train border.

Young chaps with their scantily-clad female companions were actually carrying their bags for them. If it had been a shopping grocery bag I would have been in total concordance. But it was most likely a handbag laden with cosmetics and toiletries. Guys have gone so low down the metrosexual ladder that they are now tongue-lapping doggies for the bitches (no pun intended) GUYS! You are a fucking disgrace to the community!

No comments: