Monday, December 14, 2009

The Uninformed And The MisInformed Or MisLed Among Us (***Updated)

One Smart Card For EveryThing
The past two months after losing my laptop and my belongings, I realised how lax and lacking the security system is. Very little in place to prevent or track down theft.

I still think that there must be a way of tagging valuables so that they can be traced in cases of loss. Maybe like the RFID thingy as long as it can't be peeled off (assuming it is a sticker).

And a all-in-one smart card that becomes our identification card, bank card, transport card, travel card and with the options to add on new membership identities (like clubs or shops) all rolled-into-one

In the event of a loss, everthing gets terminated automatically and it renders it useless for thieves.

Can You Trust Them?
And I am not even sure I can trust the people I live with. Could they be monitoring my movements and know where I was hanging out?

Old Aunty for one, Ben another.

And was it linked to the gym? Because Ben seemed totally unperturbed by the loss of his house keys and security access card.

More Bungles
And our dudes can extract wrong reports and give out wrong information and so on.

Considerations For The Only Piece Of Contactable And Storage Device
The loss of my mobile proved to be the most challenging. As it was up for re-contract and I needed it to be contactable (especially during this "crucial" period), I had to get hold of a new phone (perhaps too quickly).

Then there was the slew of considerations to make as the next place I am shifting to has no INTERNET connection and Internet Tethering seems like a likely choice though I am not sure if this will disable all calling and browsing functions on my mobile which is acting as a modem.

And the speed and connection.

When Will These People Tell You The Right Thing And Even The Webby Is UnClear Or Outdated
Information is scanty and outdated both on the web and in person. And there is seriously that lack of language proficiency and understanding or knowledge which leads to the wrong information. Plus muddled thinking.

Usually I get misinformed and apart from this Filipina and local? operator, the mobile retailer and my Saviouress, the rest of them were mostly quacks or non-sense spewers.

Strangely I thought FM radio means just that....transmission over radio frequency, so should it be chargeable on a GPRS network?

Excuse me if the literature is not clear about the protocols, GPRS, 2G, 2.5G and 3G.

***Nah....Correction. The literature is clear. The missing link is GSM and I have since learnt that is what is responsible for the cellular network while GPRS is more data-oriented. I didn't seriously read it carefully enough.

Because that is how it is now with all the bundled data plan.

Most wireless is free. If it isn't it would be locked and secured with pass-codes in the first place.

You are making me hate you more each day! And that is because you are just adding to the confusion.

Never Entirely For Love
And nobody lives for love alone. We all have aspirations, ambition and needs.

For me, a career in higher education (where I deal with the individual and the individual alone) and I can make my biggest contribution here. And I live for my beau (and or adopted boy kid) and yes I need a place of my own in an appropriate location.

I can't be a vegetable staying at home, become a house-husband and grow fat each passing day staring at the four walls.

Get that into your thick head!






No comments: