Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Whatever

This part of Singapore is way off the central location. Getting anywhere is a hassling, tiresome and long journey. It has no sporting facility whatsoever. It has beautiful waters off its coastline though which now lays to waste as it awaits its 15-year upgrading plan. Seemingly it will be made a water-sports hotspot. But in the meantime, I have to find my way to do my sport thingy elsewhere. Inconvenient to say the least.

But I can call my abode "home". So I stay in some part of the time, lounging around, relishing the air-conditioner and watching some TV. The bed is really comfy. At long last to rest my tired back.

Somehow, I can't seem to pick up running on the tracks. I am kinda slow and the kick is gone. It could be I am so used to the uphill and downhill slopes, the rocky terrain, the steps and so on. I am just beginning to adjust and I intend to do my 1-hour on this. But I must admit I have given meself a good rest and I should be able to re-train again, just as well if not better than the last time.

All that running and gymming have strained moi. I know it because every part of me sinew, muscle and bone is aching. The more I rest at home, the worse it seems. So I must really get back on track.

My gymming is really picking up. I can't believe I am bulging in the right places. Oh yes, the hunks of course, particuarly this dude whom I recognise. He is alone. So is he attached or isn't he? I will find out.

I think I should try out living in various parts of Singapore just to sample life.

The GE is over. I was expecting the opposition to win at least a few more seats among the SMCs and the GRCs. This wasn't to be. But the percentage vote does say something about how absolute a win is. Just look at Aljunied GRC or even in some of the other GRCs and SMCs.

There are just these few comments I wanna make. First, no offence meant, most of the new PAP candidates do seem to be of a certain mould like all their predecessors. They talk in about the same manner and seem devoid of any real feelings and emotions. Worse, like their predecessors, many of their arguments I can't buy in. Staid and programmed. Standard replies without much thinking. A wind-up, repeating groove, stuff toy like the Koala bear in "The Wild" perhaps? Second, besides upgrading issues, I think there are a thousand and one other issues that the party has not even begun to broach. A whole spectrum of social, economic and political issues to address and put right.

I hope with the GE over, domestic , regional and international issues will be aired and resolved.

No comments: