Friday, October 09, 2009

The Cathay Gallery, Exaggerated Devastation, Fund-Raising, Of Uomos And Hommes Particularly Asians & A Repeat To Remind The Hearing-Impaired (Newest)

The Cathay Gallery
Everyone should, if they can, take a peek inside the museum housed at The Cathay building.


It traces cinematography in general, its own filmographic rising in Asia, particularly SEA, while chronicling the life and times of Loke Yew, his fourth wife Lim Kim Cheng, his descendants especially the couple's only son Dato Loke Wan Tho.

The short clip of the tragic plane-crash in Taiwan which killed Dato Loke Wan Tho, his wife Mavis and his top management people in the movie industry must certainly ring a a heart-felt note of sadness and loss even among us who don't know him personally.

All I can gather is that Dato Loke Wan Tho was an adventurer, a traveler, an expeditionist, a naturalist, an intellectual cum academician, an entrepreneur, a sportsman, an arts, culture and movie buff whose myriad of interests brought him halfway around the globe.

Someone who built up international relations with whomever he meets. Among them, American luminaries like Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis, William Holden and mother of local celebrity, Anita Sarawak, Siput Sarawak.

From cinema seats and movie-screening equipment to admission tickets of old, this museum holds a place in our hearts for the benefit of posterity.

There were old movie clips of Malay folktales like "Pontianak", "Hang Tuah/Jebat", "Orang Minyak (Oily Man)" and the rest. Movies which I have watched when I was a kid.

Everyone should visit if not for a glimpse of cinematic history then perhaps a slice of genealogy and personal history of a GREAT MAN of his times.

3 Days In China But In Singapore, It Takes At Least Two Years Or More
The Chinese has a saying that it takes three days to build a house in their home country.

When I see pictures of the devastation wrought about by typhoons or quakes in the various regions recently, I could see the kinda simple structure and the low rises and the very low-rises they were made of and I am pretty sure they can be rebuilt doubly quick and cheaply too.

Not so in Singapore as we all know how our construction industry works, especially in the public housing sector, being high rises that they are.

Therefore I think there could be more exaggeration than there is fact in the various disaster reports.

Dear Gal, Why Don't You Sell Your LV HandBag Or Home Before Even Asking Another To Raise Funds For The Poor And The Disaster-Stricken Victims Overseas
As I sat eating at the Japanese foodmall, I couldn't help noticing different cliques of people dining at the other tables.

After they have finished and were dispersing, a young lady walked up to me and asked to sit down to chat with me.

It turns out she was soliciting funds for a NGO in Cambodia which coincidentally was affiliated to the orphanage I know.

Hey, what about soliciting funds for me? I have lost my everything and I am at my wit's end (because nothing is working out for me at the moment). Especially like how I am gonna claw back my losses, recoup them and get me my own home and higher education.

The young ladies were well-dressed. Just like the other girls and boys you see on the streets and in our education instituitions, some are even togged out in luxury-branded high-fashion and accessories (one was carrying a LV handbag).

How paradoxical!

Where Are The Hommes And Uomos For Some Of The Luxury Brands Here Like Fendi and Loewe?
Menswear sales is outstripping womenswear worldwide.

But why is it not happening here in Singapore? Especially the luxury brands?

And Fendi, Loewe, Versace, Bottega Veneta, Salvatore Ferragamo, Yves Saint Laurent, Bally Givenchy, Valentino (plus many more) do not have a a "homme" or "uomo" presence here be it ready-wear, bespoke, haute couture or accessories.

At best they feature a very limited range of their products. For example, accessories and some outer-wear but not the ready-to-wear in the case of Salvatore Ferragamo, Bally and Bottega Veneta.

Or a complete non-presence here at all especially apparels. Fendi and Loewe for instances.

Seasonal Changes In Tropical South East Asia?
And the four seasons compressed into a period of six months for F/W and S/S each just cannot apply here in tropical Singapore or for that matter South East Asia or anywhere else where the climate is ruled by the equator all year round.

The year's seasons should be divided into quarters with three of that set aside for spring/summer in this part of the world.

Boutique, Concept Stores & Certainly Location Especially In The Heart Of Orchard Road Is Important

And we appreciate and prefer more boutique or concept stores kinda thingy. Not department stores where just too many brands and apparels are lumped together, crying out for our attention.

Usually they don't get the full attention they deserve. Pierre Cardin & Balmain for example.

Or simply ONE brand carrying its everything in its OWN BOUTIQUE STORE! Custom-fits, ready-wears, eyewears, leathergoods, accessories, neckwears, fragrances, timepieces, whatever.

No point putting all those beautiful, masterful pieces of art in the far corner or a quiet end of Orchard Road where human traffic is S-L-O-W? Simply because it ain't happening at this end and there is NO sheltered or covered LINK from central Orchard to HERE, transportational or otherwise! Imagine if it rains.

So why are HOMBREs kinda missing out when the women are already having a ball here with the likes of Herve Leger, Chanel, Kate Spade, Chloe, BCBGMaxAzria, Miu Miu, Max Mara, Diane Von Furstenberg and the rest.....

These are strictly FEMME, ELLE and DONNAs' wear with none of their ROMO counterparts in sight.

Don't forget book-stores, fine dining cafes, flower-shops and confectioneries in the case of Armani and you get the picture how our retail scene here is getting boring and lifeless.

This certainly calls for a RADICAL and REVOLUTIONARY change in the way we think and map out the retail fashion, dining and lifestyle scene here.


And Asian-Sized Modifications
From spectacle frames to vertical hand-carry bags to fashion apparel.

In terms of nose-bridges, height, body built, foot-sizes and facial features, we need bodily modifications in some respects.

More Chinese Themes, Features And Designs For Casuals, FormalWear And In-Betweens, Priced Cheaper And Catering To A Mid-To-Younger Generation
I feel sad too that a Chinese luxury brand hasn't got more going for its line of casuals or formal wear or a off-shoot for a mid to younger generation or a cheaper second-line featuring more Chinese themes, designs and motifs.

Rebranded Brands
Add more rebranded brands now featuring at our local shopping gallery. For one, Prologue and UrbanWrite (aka as Popular)

Unfair Advantages In Education? Or Is It Cheating?

I hope that my school has better sense in ensuring that earlier intakes of students who have sat for the exams or done the assignments do not pass on this sensitive information to the people they introduce to the school in later batches.

My school can do this by consistently revising the assignment and exam questions so that no two intakes' papers look the same. The situation is made worse when batches come back-to-back with just a couple of months separating them. Not a year or more.

It does seem like many of the students have family, relatives and friends in the school and ethnic community ties sometimes do rule. Money speaks even louder I suppose. What more pally-pally relations with the administrators or academia.

This would constitute unfair advantages tantamount to cheating and in education that would make it a total sham.

Why Is It So Hard To Get Through To You? Are You Hard Of Hearing?
I feel I must repeat this ONCE MORE, for the benefit of the hearing-impaired and the fucktards.
I have very clear concrete goals and I know what I want. What I need for them to materialise is MONEY.....

These goals include, but are not limited to, working within the education industry and preferably higher education. And working with a majority of Asian Chinese youths. Not like the class for the program of study I undertook.

So please, do not plant BLIMPS, BIMBS and WIMPS everywhere I go. And stop putting all those ethnic, third world foreigners, the intellectually-impaired or old fucktards in my face or near me. Stop harassing me! Like the phone call I got from an ethnic just a day or two ago. JUST FUCK OFF!

And these same ethnic hooligans have earned enough on their sales commission on me during my various retail purchases recently. Invariably they were the ones who always snuggle up to me, smelling a potential buyer.

But I assure you they will need loads more in return in the future because SOMETHING IS GONNA BEFALL them.

I will not be a spokesman for any of them.

I will NOT BE signing up for ANY political party, the incumbent or otherwise. I will not be made the POSTER BOY for the opposition camp like the two we have for parliamentarians.

Putting me here among them is just gonna breed lots of resentment and hostility. It is best we keep our distance and just work or play together when we need to.

SINGAPOREANS are NEVER worth speaking up for and they are NEVER worth fighting for.

Get this into your THICK HEADS, motherfuckers!

No comments: