Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Big PunchUp, My Investment Portfolio And My New Living Quarters

I confess. The third reason why I moved away from the old place was because I got into a scuffle with the "straight" dude. I can't believe I did but I did. I guess it was all the tension and stress and hate building up in me. Having to shift away, holed up in alien places with equally alien people, no stability, no security, not being able to do the things I always do in private, far away from the public glare.

Take for example the public places I have to visit now for my surfing time. One, it is a third more expensive. Two, there are too many distractions since the people who LAN are gamers. Vulgarities are hurled as banally as a smoker smokes. It isn't as if these are real thugs (a few may be) but it is as if the expletives are as natural as shitting is.

"I Not Stupid 2" actually did capture this peculiar species. Not that they are that strange. Most had gone astray for one reason or another. Some gangsta are gays. The grandma in the movie put the message across well about law enforcement or for that matter for anything. "When it isnt necessary, the law enforces but when it is, it doesn't". The stiff-necked principal in the movie did show up how inflexible the system can be, ossified by policies.

If I hadn't mentioned it, I also watched our local animation production "Zodiac" over the CNY period. Wholesome theme as it touted itself to be. But it fell so short of real life animation and graphics, the movie crawled along on a predictable plot.

I couldn't concentrate as much on my work too in full public view what with giggling or chatter-box school girls, screaming kids or like today, a couple chose to share their butts on one armchair and yakked away. How can anyone ever do serious work here? Perhaps the 11pm curfew could be extended to shooing courting couples away from quiet places.

The only consolation is the place I am living in. It is a nice, quiet place tucked deep in the reserve and away from the thoroughfares, edging the waters. I could do my morning runs in the great outdoors and yet get all my regular fixes at a nearby mall and at shophouses. Transport isn't too bad but the one I hitched on to town was in really bad shape, a virtual heater at the backseats.

Best of all, I am reunited with all those gorgeous hunks kayaking their strong butts and musculated torsos and limbs down the reserve's waters.

I could commiserate with the landlord over tenants he had letted the place to. He had a fair share of the problems I faced too. He is a nice and understanding person whom I can speak with. But I need a boyfriend, someone to cuddle up to on the mattress when I need an emotional blanket. And I am horny as hell after all that physical exercise in the morning.

I am running all over the place, trying to put together my investment portfolio and to collect tonnes of mail. Once again, it is sifting through a maze of information and some personal bankers aren't too helpful either, especially in the product knowledge department.

One thought she could get away with it with just plain good old service but she forgets that the information is just as important to make well-informed investment decisions. Anyway, she acts too cute and appears to me to be totally unnatural and plastic.

I don't mind different or supplementary information personal bankers hand out but when they are conflicting, that gets me really mad. I have to check and do my own little research.

The worst let-down was having a troupe of chattering women not updating my new mailing address correctly with the consequence that I was delayed for more than ten days and watched two blue-chips soar in price and not able do a thing about it.

More things coming up soon in my next blog.

No comments: